Sunday, April 9, 2017

THE MASTERPIECE

CHECK OUT OUR FINAL FILM PRODUCT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec_rflhTBOs

Throughout this project, I had the amazing opportunity of learning new skills. This project taught me new camera angles and movement, along with editing. When we started this project, we had no idea that no one in our group knew how to edit. I took it upon myself to take all responsibility for learning to editing. This has been a skill I have been meaning to learn throughout the year but never was forced to use (I was put in groups where I had partners that were familiar with editing). 
Just like every project, many conflicts did arise. We had to re-film multiple times due to shots not looking the way we pictured them. Luckily, we were smart enough to create a schedule that left us enough time to fix any mistakes that came up. Also, it helped us a lot that the due date was extended, we can now make any las minute changes if it is necessary. We also had the problem that we could not find the right music. In class, we were told that the best website for downloading free music was purple planet.com but our group searched and searched on that website and could not find a song that fit out beginning. After searching for hours, I did research and found bensound.com. This website has an amazing selection of music and we were able to find a song that fits our beginning sequence perfectly. The last problem that occurred during our editing was the voiceover. It was difficult to make the voiceover sound both professional and at a good volume. We did not want our voiceover to stand-out too much but we also did not want it to not be heard and understood. After writing the script, it took us a few tries to get it right but we finally accomplished it. I also did researched and realized that iMovie has special effects for voiceovers. I was able to silence all sounds around the voiceovers voice. 

Overall, I enjoyed this project and would definitely do it again. 





No comments:

Post a Comment